This course intends to teach power system stability problem and handling, creating controller for stability issues on power system applications. The course introduces the following topics: Introduction to power system structures and simulation, Synchronous machine modeling, Excitation system modeling, Turbine-Governor modeling, Transient stability analysis, Signal analysis, Voltage Stability, Frequency Stability.
- Introduction to power system stability,
- Synchronous Machine Modelling,
- Excitation System Modeling,
- Turbine governor modelling,
- Transient Stability Analysis,
- Small angle stability analysis,
- Voltage Stability Analysis,
- Frequency Stability Analysis.
There will be practical examples of each above topics which requires fundamentals of PowerFactory.